Established in 1988, Olympia Steel Buildings provides prefabricated steel building kits across the US. They’re headquartered in McKees Rocks, PA and ship all through North America and even the Caribbean.
Olympia Steel Buildings specializes in one thing: shipping self-assembly steel building kits. Though their kits mostly come in standard packages, you can add a few customization options as well.
Olympia Steel Buildings Services
Olympia Steel Buildings is all about providing cost-effective steel building kits.
You can choose the size and color of your building, as well as a couple of add-ons, but they don’t really offer kits designed for specific purposes. It’s up to the customer to decide what their standard kit is for and adjust it to their needs.
Their website states that you can use their buildings for over 19 purposes, ranging from barndominiums to data centers.
Each metal building kit from Olympia Steel Buildings includes the following features:
- Purlin Bearing Rib (PBR) roof panels – 26-gauge
- Silicone-polyester coating through AkzoNobel paints
- Galvanized girts, purlins, and C-sections
- Stainless steel capped self-drilling fasteners – minimizes surface damage through drill point slip resistance
- Steel main frame, I-beam construction – main frames are coated in gray primer oxide
Standing Seam Roof
Olympia Steel Buildings offers their exclusive Zeus Shield system for their roofs. It uses the same seaming method across the entire roof, which saves both materials and installation time.
The roofs are rated for the highest wind load seaming requirements and uses a patented panel clip that doesn’t interfere with the sidelap sealant seal.
Olympia roofs also use an “UltraRidge™” ridge cap that uses a flexible silicone membrane to keep your roof weather resistant.
Solar panels can reduce heating and electricity bills because they’re a green, reusable energy source. Olympia Steel Buildings now provides the option to include solar panels with their steel building kits.
These solar panels are attached through mounts, rails, and clamps.
Paint and Perforation Warranties
Not only does Olympia Steel Buildings offer both rust perforation and paint warranties, but their warranty lengths are impressive.
They offer a 40-year limited rust-through perforation warranty on their 26-gauge AZ55 Galvalume PBR roof panels.
They also include a 40-year limited warranty on pain for their siliconized polyester colored wall and trim coatings.
Olympia Steel Buildings does not offer any pricing information without getting a personalized quote. Because their kits are so universal, it’s surprising that they don’t have even a general price range for their products.
There’s no financing information on the Olympia website, internal or through third parties. If this is a service they offer, prospective customers will have to contact a representative to find out for sure.
Olympia Steel Buildings Reviews & Rating
On the Better Business Bureau website, Olympia Steel Buildings has been an accredited business since 1989. They have an A+ rating, but only four actual customer reviews. They have also had 27 complaints in the last 3 years.
They have more reviews on Consumer Affairs and a higher rating, being cited for their American-sourced materials and fast quotes. However, Consumer Affairs states that they may receive compensation from companies, which may affect the nature of their ratings.
BBB – 2.25/5 (based on four reviews)
Consumer Affairs – 4/5 (based on 78 reviews)
TrustPilot – 3.1/5 (based on 38 reviews)
Yelp – 1/5 (based on 10 reviews)
Here’s what real customers are saying about their experiences with Olympia Steel Buildings:
Howard Stuvaints, Trustpilot – “Highly Recommend! I purchased a 40’x60’ building to store my motorhome. My sales person [sic] Alex, was knowledgeable and patient. He helped me through every step of the process. I got my building a few weeks ago and am happy with the quality. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.” (5/5 rating)
James C., Yelp – “I received a quote from Olympia Steel Buildings yesterday before reading these YELP reviews. After reading the reviews, I was shocked to learn that I too got the same 2017 sales pitch regarding a 40×50 building that another customer did not take delivery on and in turn forfeited their deposit. “All you had to do is pay the difference to get this building a new low low price.” he said. “However, you have to send $5,000 dollars by Wednesday to lock it in or we will have to part the building out.” If you start with a dishonesty [sic], the relationship is already doomed!” (1/5 rating)
Filene, ConsumerAffairs, – “My experience with Olympia Steel Buildings has been awesome. I love them. They’re great. They fit all my requirements for what I need in a joint venture partner to do steel buildings and cleanroom environments under my patent. The projects I use them for are clean room, hermetically sealed glow rooms for the cannabis and food industry. The cost is very fair. They’re reasonably-priced [sic] and they understand the value of using Agritech with the USPTO patent. They’re bending over backwards for their clients, so far. My sales rep, Kristen, is awesome. She’s very easy to work with, accommodating, very prompt and very knowledgeable. She gets everything done.” (5/5 rating)
- American-made steel: All of the steel used in Olympia’s buildings and products are 100% American-made steel.
- Innovative steel roof construction: The Zeus Shield system Olympia Steel Buildings uses ensures that their buildings are durable and long-lasting. They also use a special ridge cap to offer the highest weather resistance.
- Materials are not sourced in-house: According to their LinkedIn page, Olympia Steel Buildings do not manufacture their own steel. Instead, they’re supplied by Universal Steel Buildings Corp. Some customers may not be comfortable with buying from a building kit company that doesn’t handle their steel production in-house.
- Limited services: Olympia Steel Buildings doesn’t really offer much outside of standard building kits. Their website doesn’t mention any contractor services, even through third parties, and their customization is more limited than some of their competitors.
- Potential misleading sales tactics: A common topic of many negative reviews for Olympia Steel Buildings is the company’s hard selling tactics. Several reviewers claim they were told another client had canceled an order that fit the current customer’s needs. The customers are pressured to put a down payment on the building to lock in a special low price, before they have time to properly look at the specs and make an informed decision. It can’t be verified outside of the reviewers’ claims, but it’s something to keep in mind.