Luna Metal Buildings is a father-and-son business that was founded in 2015. It’s a small company with only two locations, both in Asheboro, North Carolina.
Luna services five states in the southern area of the US: North Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, South Carolina, and Virginia.
They offer general, multipurpose metal buildings, but also packages designed for garages, carports, and barns. They also offer both metal roofs and shingle roofs.
Luna Metal Buildings Services
Luna Metal Buildings specializes in providing prefabricated metal buildings in standard sizes and finishes.
However, they do have some specialized packages, as well as customization options and concrete foundation services.
Carports are available from Luna Metal Buildings in either rounded or A-frame styles. They can also be customized with several different roof styles and trim colors.
Luna recommends traditional roofs be used on an A-frame style and for buildings under 40 feet. Vertical roofs can be used for any size carport.
Luna Metal Buildings offers three different styles of metal barns:
- Classic with a regular roof style
- RCA open metal barn
- RCA closed metal barn
A classic barn is good for farm equipment and livestock; it can also be adapted into an office, workshop, or storage space.
RCA metal barns are three-section metal eagle barns. They have a center section with two lean-to sections on either side. You can customize your RCA barn to use it for livestock, horses, and farming equipment. A closed RCA barn is also good for non-farm storage or an office space.
All of Luna Metal Buildings’ garages are made-to-order, so now two garages are exactly the same. They come with regular style, boxed eave, or vertical roofs, and you can customize the doors, windows, and colors.
Another service Luna Metal Buildings supplies is concrete foundation installation. If you’re purchasing a metal building but don’t have the right foundation, Luna can create one for you.
They’ll take into account the intended use of the building to ensure the depth and weight of the foundation can bear the proper loads. They’ll also factor in the wind uplift for the specific area in which you want to build.
A typical concrete slab from Luna is 4” thick but they also have 6” slabs, along with rebar and concrete footers. Their slabs come with fiber mesh reinforcement, polyurethane vapor barrier, and can withstand 3000 psi.
While customization and location do factor into the final price of every metal building, Luna does provide a chart of their basic pricing based on building size and whether or not you need a concrete foundation:
|Building Size||Without Concrete Foundation||With Concrete Foundation|
|40x60x10||$24,500||Foundation not available for this size|
Luna Metal Buildings does not offer any information about financing on their website.
If financing is available, customers will need to contact Luna directly for any information.
Luna Metal Buildings Reviews & Rating
The BBB does not consider Luna Metal Buildings an accredited business, but they do have an A+ rating. Additionally, while their customer rating is low, it’s only based on two reviews, and they’ve only had 1 complaint in the last three years.
Outside of the BBB, Luna has more positive ratings, with customers citing quality work and materials but also timing issues.
BBB – 1/5 (based on 2 reviews)
Nicelocal – 4.2/5 (based on 33 reviews)
Facebook – 4.6/5 (based on 88 reviews)
Below are testimonials from real Luna Metal Buildings customers:
Cesy V., Nicelocal – “I just purchased a 24×48×9 RV cover with Luna and they did a great job! Their staff were very professional and responsive throughout the whole process. It did take longer than expected due to weather, but it was definitely worth the wait. The installers are very hard workers.”
Rodney W., BBB – “Business does not stand behind there [sic] work! They installed my building only 7 months ago and now it’s leaking when rains [sic]! Contacted them and they said only 90 day warranty! $8,000 for a building that’s gonna start leaking in a few months is definitely not acceptable! Very bad business!” (1/5 rating)
Eddie Boykin, Facebook – “I would highly recommend Luna Buildings. Mine took a little longer than expected but they can’t build it if they don’t have the materials. The concrete team was great. When it came time to build the actual building, those 4 guys were second to none. If I ever decide to build another building they will be the team that does it.” (recommended)
- Provide delivery and construction services: Having the construction of your metal building completed by the people who manufacture it improves your chances of a good experience all the way through. You don’t have to handle the construction yourself, but they don’t pass the job off to a third-party, either.
- Concrete foundations: Other metal building companies require the customer to handle any issues with the building site and foundation. Luna Metal Buildings includes concrete foundation in their services if your building needs it, and they’ll make sure it’s up to code.
- Small servicing area: With only two locations in the entire country, and both in the same city, it’s safe to say that Luna Metal Buildings is a small company. Supporting small, local businesses is important, but if you’re outside of the five states Luna services, you have no choice but to use someone else.
- Limited website functionality: The website for Luna Metal Buildings is pretty sparse; it doesn’t give much information about the company, there are no prices available, and the designer tool is more limited than other competing websites.
- Timeliness Issues: Whether due to supply problems or bad weather, a common complaint in customer reviews of Luna Metal Building is their timing. They appear to have issues with delaying the start of their work, which can be frustrating. On the other hand, several reviews say they were satisfied with how Luna handled the delay and kept communication open.