Once called T&E International, Inc., HCI Steel Buildings has been operating under its current name as a manufacturing facility since 2012.
HCI is locally owned and operated in the Northwest, but ships to all 50 U.S. states as well as Canada. They specialize in pre-engineered metal buildings, custom buildings, and steel building components.
HCI Steel Buildings Services
HCI is a leading metal building supplier in the Northwest. As such, they provide several different services and products for their customers.
HCI Steel Buildings offers several pre-engineered metal building kits that make ordering simple. They are all designed to meet local codes and are also resistant to fire, mold, and mildew.
The pre-engineered buildings HCI offers are:
- Aviation hangars
- Residential (including tiny homes)
- Auto-body shops
- Auto showrooms
- Industrial & commercial buildings
- Fitness centers
- Grow houses
- Agricultural buildings (barns, stables, storage, etc.)
Once you choose from the pre-engineered design, you can include many customization options.
Furthermore, each building has a 115-mph wind rating, a minimum 30-pound snow load capacity, and a variety of insulation options.
Custom Metal Storage
HCI Steel Buildings can also manufacture a building from scratch to fit your needs.
They can create:
- Boat storage & covers
These buildings need to be versatile in size and shape, and HCI can create that for you. In addition, their metal panels come with a warranty of between 20 and 25 years long.
You can also customize the size, shape, color, opening placements, roof, and insulation.
Shipping Container Covers
Shipping containers can act as great bases for metal structures. So, HCI can provide a cover for the space between your containers. This can turn them into one secure and functional workspace or storage area.
HCI’s covers also have a 25-year panel warranty and will meet the code requirements of your area.
If you want to update your metal building or make some repairs, HCI sells select components individually.
For instance, they sell clear (translucent) polycarbonate panels that are 38” wide. These come in 11’, 12’, and 16’ lengths.
They also have rigid polyurethane insulation available. It is available between two and four inches thick in half inch increments.
HCI can also fold special metal trims, as well as provide several standard ‘C’ trim profiles. Last but not least, HCI can provide a number of metal siding and roofing panels.
Metal Roofing & Re-Roofing Supplies
HCI Steel Buildings manufactures all their roofing components in Arlington, WA. They can then ship them all throughout the United States and Canada.
Their standard roof panel profiles include:
- HHR 36” – 24- or 26-gauge steel Husky high rib
- HSR 36” – 26-gauge Husky shadow rib
- HLR 36” – 29-gauge Husky low rib
- RSS 18” – 24-gauge standing seam with Snap-Loc
- FMS 18” – 24-gauge mechanical seam
- CM 18” – 24-gauge classic metal seam
- SSQ 17 7/8” – 24-gauge flush wall/soffit panel
HCI panels have Dripstop anti-condensation felt pre-applied to all their panels. This felt traps moisture in special pockets in its membrane. Then the moisture releases back into the air as natural humidity.
Finally, HCI supplies steel for roof replacement or repair on pre-existing commercial buildings.
HCI Steel Buildings does not provide specific pricing on their website.
Instead, they encourage customers to contact them directly for an individual quote.
There is no financing information available from HCI.
So, if financing is available, customers will have to contact HCI directly for details.
HCI Steel Buildings Reviews & Rating
The number of reviews for HCI Steel Buildings is somewhat small. However, among them, HCI has consistent middle to high ratings. For instance, customers note positive interactions with service representatives and satisfactory final products.
Some negative aspects customers mention are issues with material and shipping quality.
Yelp – 3/5 (based on 12 reviews)
Google – 4.1/5 (based on 46 reviews)
Nicelocal – 4.1/5 (based on 26 reviews)
Here’s what some customers have said about working with HCI Steel Buildings:
Jim Odell, Google reviews – “Picked HCI because we like local business. We had a good experience with the ordering and the delivery. We installed it ourselves as we had a timing issue with the concrete and being in the construction business for 30 years I prefer to do it myself. The only con was it did not come with any directions but one phone call later we had all the directions emailed to us. We will recommend them if asked! Good price too!” (5/5 rating)
Will S., Yelp – “We worked with sales person and ordered and designed.
But when the material came, was wrong so I complained, he keep saying that I ordered, so I sent him all the emails that we had discussed for the projects. He keep [sic] blaming to me instead to fix the issues. My customer is very upset and not happy.” (1/5 rating)
Dean W., HCI Steel Building testimonial – “I wanted to personally thank Marvin and his crew. It was a pleasure working with them. My job was done on time and within budget. I will personally recommend HCI Steels Buildings to anyone who comes across my path and needs your services.” (Recommended)
- Sells individual components: HCI understands that sometimes you don’t need an entire building constructed or a roof replaced. So, they offer pricing for individual components that you can use to modify or repair your buildings on your own.
- Locally owned and operated: Although they ship all over the country, HCI Steel Buildings is owned and operated by locals in Arlington, WA. In fact, they state that they can provide additional delivery and manufacturing services to customers in the area.
- Engineering drawings cost extra: Several other steel building suppliers include the cost of stamped engineering drawings in their quoted prices. However, HCI requires an additional fee for this service.
- Varying material quality: Many negative customer reviews cite issues with either delivery or the general quality of the materials in the first place. In fact, several positive reviews mention that there were issues with their materials. They came away happy because of the good customer service in getting the problems fixed, but the fact is that the materials still had problems.