American Metal Buildings is based in Mount Airy, NC, and provides services throughout 32 states. They not only design and deliver customized metal building kits, but they also include installation for free as well.
Their buildings come with a number of extended warranties, and the company offers both external financing and a rent-to-own program.
American Metal Buildings Services
Like many metal building providers, American Metal Buildings sells kits that you can customize to fit your specific location and needs. You can purchase a pre-sized building with customization, or you can purchase a kit built to your own specifications.
Each building comes with free delivery and installation as well as:
- 12- or 14-gauge galvanized steel frame
- All required building components, fasteners, and anchors
- Roofing panels (regular, a-frame, and vertical)
- Options for side paneling
- Snow load and/or wind load certification (up to 30 PSF/140mph)
They also provide a 20-year rust-through warranty, 10-year limited panel warranty, and up to one year of warranty on workmanship.
Metal Carports and Garages
American Metal Building can create one, two, and three car carports, as well as carports for boats, RVs/motorhomes.
They also offer garages with regular, A-frame, and vertical roofs, all of which can be sized for multiple cars and even RVs. They also offer side entry garage kits and garages with lean-tos.
As with their other metal kits, American Metal Buildings’ barns come in regular, A-frame, and vertical roof styles.
You can also get raised center, continuous roof style barns, horse barns, and traditional barns.
Sheds, workshops, and storage – American Metal Buildings has something for each purpose.
You can order a building in virtually any size, and customize with accessories such as gables, roll-up doors, and even attached carports.
If you need a multipurpose building, American Metal Buildings can create a kit just for you.
You can have a shed with an open front gable, a storage shed with a roofed porch, an enclosed utility building with a two-car open frame structure, or a standard carport with an attached utility shed.
American Metal Buildings is very open about their basic pricing. They list a base price for every building type they offer on their website.
Here are some of the starting prices for their most popular buildings:
- 36×25 Custom Metal Building: $14,297.25
- 40×50 Commercial Metal Building: $44,132.00
- 22×30 Side Entry Metal Building: $13,744.50
- 40×61 Steel Garage: $50,501.00
Prices can vary by location and do not include sales tax or additional customization.
For a completely custom metal building kit, customers do have to call to receive a quote.
American Metal Buildings partners with GreenSky to create a financing program for its customers. Some of the features of their financing program include:
- Varied credit score acceptance (minimum 640)
- Up to $55,000 financing
- Between 9.99% and 26.99% APR depending on plan duration
- No prepayment penalty
Customers can be approved within a few minutes and can either call American Metal Buildings directly or fill out the initial forms online.
In addition to external financing, American Metal Buildings has a rent-to-own program. Their RTO program has:
- No minimum purchase amount
- No credit check
- Up to $20,000 purchase
- Instant approval
- Zero processing fee
- No prepayment charges
American Metal Buildings Reviews & Rating
There are next to no customer reviews of American Metal Buildings, locally or nationally. There are several companies that have a similar name, but the one BBB listing that lists the correct website and location has a D+ rating and no accreditation.
It’s also difficult to pinpoint when exactly American Metal Buildings was founded, so the lack of reviews could be a result of a newer business.
BBB – D+ rating (no customer reviews available)
The only customer testimonial available for American Metal Buildings comes from their website. There’s no page dedicated to customer reviews; instead, there is a single review located at the bottom of their homepage.
Here’s what their review says:
Jennie Watson, American Metal Buildings – “We have been happy with the purchase process including the pricing and warranties. Our questions were answered to our satisfaction.” (4/5 rating)
- Financing and RTO programs: Some metal building providers don’t even offer financing help, but American Metal Building does and even goes one step further. They have a rent-to-own program so customers without a large amount of capital can still get the products they need and pay them off over time.
- Virtually limitless customization: American Metal Buildings doesn’t really sell different types of buildings; rather, they can use their materials to fabricate kits that fit almost any need. In short, you can work with a sales representative to design your metal kit from the ground up, leading to a product that really is made just for you.
- Lack of company transparency: Outside of its own website, American Metal Buildings may as well not exist. There are virtually no customer reviews, their BBB page is very limited, and it’s not entirely clear when they were founded or who runs the company. Some potential customers may find it undesirable to order from a company with so little information available to them.
- Low BBB rating: For a company with so few reviews, the fact that they have a D+ on BBB is surprising. Many other companies with a small number of reviews still manage to keep their rating on BBB high, since it’s based on a number of other factors (complaints, response times, length of time in business). It’s not a great sign that American Metal Buildings has such a low rating.
- Unclear product offerings on website: Some metal building suppliers seem like they sell a specific product for your needs, but it’s really just a standard product they use for many different options. American Metal Buildings has this problem; they do have quite a few options for their kits, but not as many as their website makes it seem. They have about ten product categories, but many of the products are duplicates found under each category. The bottom line is that you can buy a metal building from them and customize it for whatever you need, rather than selling base packages for specific purposes.