Prefab metal building kits are versatile, customizable, and easy to assemble. On top of that, they’re easy to expand if you need more space in the future.
A 50×50 metal building kit from Rex Metal Buildings has a total of 2,500 square feet. This is more than enough space to meet a number of small business or personal needs.
As of February 2023, the estimates for the price of a prefab metal building are around $12-$14 per square foot. For a 50×50 building, the base cost is between $30,000-$35,000. Keep in mind that this price is for the basic structure. The price may vary depending on local building requirements and any additional custom options you add to your building.
50×50 Metal Building Kit Cost
The price of every prefab building begins with size. After all, you can’t add accessories and finishes to a building that doesn’t exist.
Use this chart to compare how the base price* of a 50×50 Rex building stacks up to other common sizes:
|BUILDING SIZE||FLOOR AREA||APPROXIMATE COST|
*Note: All figures are approximate, based on ideal conditions, and subject to change. For an accurate quote based on your unique circumstances, contact our team at Rex Metal Buildings now.
No two Rex metal buildings are exactly the same, and so each one has a different price.
There are several factors that go into factoring in the price of your metal building.
Size is the foundation of your metal building’s final cost. The same amount of material goes into every building of a particular size, regardless of what add-ons you include later.
Current prices for metal buildings run between $12 and $14 per square foot. This can change depending on steel prices, of course.
In addition, you should also factor in construction costs as well. The bigger the metal building, the more equipment or workers you may need to assemble it.
Another sizing factor involves the plot of land on which you want to construct your metal building. You may find that your land is only big enough for a 50×50 building.
In some ways, knowing the square footage of your land may help you better estimate your final costs.
The shape of your building plot is also important. Extending the length of the building is less expensive than extending the width.
More width requires larger roof trusses, which adds to material and labor costs.
Factor in the placement of your building when figuring out your costs. A longer building may work better for your budget than a wide one.
While metal building kits are compact enough to ship across the country, shipping costs depend on where you live. You should also take into consideration the cost of labor in your location.
If you need a contractor, they could charge more or less depending on if you’re in their work area.
Your local climate and seasons can also have an effect on your building cost. If your area gets a lot of snow, you may have to pay to clear the construction site.
Concrete is also dependent on the weather, so choose your construction time carefully. You could pay extra labor for delays in construction due to climate.
Local Code Requirements
Snowy areas may have different load requirements for buildings than more temperate climates.
Always look into your zone’s building codes before you order your metal building. This is because there could be load requirements or size specifications you must meet that could raise your final cost.
Sales Tax And Government Credits
Your estimated price per square foot is only for the product itself. There will still be sales tax added once your final cost has been totaled.
However, tax can also work to lower your final cost.
If you customize an energy-efficient building, there may be a government tax credit available to you. This can help offset how much you spend on the building in the long run.
Custom Add-Ons And Accessories
Your project is unique, which is why Rex Metal Buildings offers several different customization options and accessories to their kits.
These options are in addition to the cost of the building’s square footage; the more accessories you add, the more the price increases.
Speaking of customization, let’s talk about what options Rex Metal Buildings can offer you for your unique project.
The height of your metal building’s roof is dependent on a few factors.
First, you should take into account the purpose of your building. If it’s going to house large equipment, then you may need a high roof.
Next, there’s the climate of your area. If you have heavy rain or snow, you’ll need a roof with a slope to shed off the accumulation.
Then, of course, there’s just plain aesthetics; your building can look good as well as be functional. So, you should be able to choose a roof that speaks to your personal style.
Building Code Requirements
Some areas require specifications such as minimum snow load capacity or ventilation systems.
Rex can help you design a building to meet your local codes.
Doors And Windows
Rex Metal Buildings offers a wide range of door and window styles to fit both your needs and your taste. You can choose doors that will allow you to move large equipment in and out of your building.
Rex also offers standard doors for personnel entry.
Window options include fixed windows for light as well as ventilation windows you can open as you choose.
Not every building requires insulation, but Rex Metal Buildings does offer a variety of options for insulation. These include:
- Insulated panels – wall panels with foam sandwiched between two metal facings
- Fiberglass – thick blanket of fibers that traps air and includes a vapor barrier facing
- Double bubble – silver-backed insulation for interior moisture control
- Spray foam – liquid insulation that firms up, keeps its shape, and can be applied to hard-to-reach areas
Rex metal building kits are designed to be easy to ship and assemble. All the necessary hardware is included in each kit. So, you can handpick your contractor to assemble your metal building with ease.
However, you may not already have a contractor in mind. Or maybe you want to work with Rex Metal Buildings from beginning to end.
If that’s the case, Rex can provide a fully trained construction team to help you erect your metal building.
It’s common for metal buildings to have an open, clear-span design for their interiors. This gives plenty of room for storage and movement.
However, depending on what you want to use the building for, you may need some interior partitions. Rex Metal Buildings can work with you to design an interior that suits the purpose of your metal building.
Color And Finish
Just like with the roof style, the color and finish of your metal building should reflect your personal taste.
You can customize your roof and paneling to your preferred color scheme and style.
50×50 Metal Building Standard Features
Of course, sometimes less is more.
Even if you don’t need extra accessories, Rex Metal Buildings still offers quality features that come standard with every kit.
Each metal building kit comes with:
- All steel framework pieces including roof trusses and support beams
- Roofing panels
- Wall panels
- Door and window pieces
- Building anchors
- All necessary fastening hardware
All of Rex Metal Building’s steel materials are also fireproof up to 1,100°F and weather resistant to common inclement weather.
Each kit will also include the necessary materials for any custom accessories ordered, including insulation. Rex Metal Buildings ships to all U.S. states, so you can have a quality metal building wherever you live.
50×50 Steel Building Uses
Have a project in mind but don’t know if a metal building kit will work? You can use metal buildings for almost any purpose imaginable.
Metal buildings aren’t just for industrial sites or large businesses. They’re great for personal use too, from storage to workspaces.
Below are some popular uses for a 50×50 metal building for the everyday person.
- Vehicle and boat storage: keep your car or boat safe from the elements in a sturdy, long-lasting metal garage.
- Storage shed: A prefab metal building is perfect for keeping your lawn mower, gardening tools, or seasonal gear out of the way.
- Small-farm storage: Many small homesteads don’t need an enormous agricultural warehouse or silo. However, they still need someplace to store their farming equipment or even grain. A 50×50 steel building is a perfect size for personal farming needs.
- Hobby shop: Some hobbies require more space and equipment than others. If you need a personal workshop to hold all your special tools and equipment, consider a metal building.
A metal building doesn’t have to be a backyard shed. You can use your prefab metal building kit for a wide range of commercial needs.
- Office/retail space: There’s nothing stopping you from using your metal building for a polished office space for your business. A 50×50 metal building can also work well as a retail space.
- Churches: A prefab metal building will last longer and require less maintenance than a traditional wooden church. You can customize your metal building so it’s suitable as the main building of worship or a community gathering space.
- Gymnasium: A 50×50 prefab metal building is big enough to hold standard gym equipment as well as open workout space. You can have a clear-span design or add partitions to separate different workout areas.
- Auto shop: A metal building doesn’t just have to be a garage for your personal car. You can customize a Rex metal building as an entire auto workshop.
Big or small, metal buildings can have many uses in an industrial setting.
- Warehouse storage: From equipment to inventory, a 50×50 metal building makes a great mid-size warehouse. The steel framework will keep your materials safe from the elements. You can also add custom roller doors for easy access for trucks and dollies.
- Fulfillment center: A custom metal building will keep your inventory safe from outside elements, pests, and moisture issues that a wood building might face.
A 50×50 metal building from Rex is great for personal or farm storage. But you can also use it for many different agricultural applications.
- Grain storage: It’s very important to keep grain free from excess moisture, mold, and fire hazards. A Rex metal building will provide resistance to all these factors, as well as general protection from the weather.
- Horse/livestock barn: Keep your animals safe, warm, and dry with a 50×50 Rex metal building. Add customizable temperature control options and internal partitions to ensure maximum comfort and security.
- Storage barn: You can use your Rex metal building to store your farm equipment or even any inventory you produce.
Benefits Of Metal Building Kits
So, now you know all of the material features and uses for a Rex metal building.
But how do prefab metal building kits compare to other structural systems on the market?
Fast And Easy Assembly
All of Rex Metal Buildings’ kits come with the necessary hardware for assembly. The pieces are all cut to exact specifications before they arrive at the building site. It’s possible to construct smaller buildings on your own using the assembly instructions.
You may have a larger building or simply want a team to handle the construction. It will take much less time to assemble a metal building with a team than to build a wooden structure.
Steel buildings are easy to customize for many different applications. Each component and accessory is pre-cut and incorporated into the assembly instructions.
You can choose from several different roof styles, insulation types, paneling, and window and door styles.
Due to how easy they are to customize and construct, metal buildings can serve a huge variety of purposes. Metal buildings are useful for everything from agricultural storage to retail space to auto body shops.
Their resistance to weathering, mold, and fire expands their uses even further. You can use them for projects where a wooden building or pole barn just won’t do.
Easy To Expand
Metal buildings are not only versatile in purpose, but also in construction. With pre-drilled holes, it’s easy to both assemble and disassemble the prefab steel framework.
You can add a new component or even a whole new addition to your existing building with little effort.
The steel in Rex metal buildings is fireproof up to 1,100 degrees Fahrenheit. Rex Metal Buildings uses high-quality steel that is sturdy and long-lasting, even against the elements.
In addition, you can customize your roof design to withstand high loads of snow and water accumulation.
Steel buildings aren’t subject to rot and mold like wood buildings. This means that they’ll last longer, and you can be sure to get more bang for your buck with metal.
Constructing any kind of building requires a fair amount of upfront costs for construction. But if you’re not careful, you could end up paying a lot on the backend, too.
It’s easy to design your metal building to be as energy-efficient as possible. You have control over the insulation material, which can control both moisture and internal temperature.
You can also design your windows to let only light into your building or have them open for ventilation.
Finally, a steel roof reflects heat better than other materials such as wood. This makes it easier to control the temperature inside the building, leading to even more savings in the long run.
Now that you know all of the benefits a Rex metal building can provide, contact us for a personalized quote. Our team can help you with the design process and give you an estimate that includes all the customization you need.
Or, if you have more questions about metal buildings in general, we’re happy to answer them as well.